Charlie Caron-Belloni is currently a PhD student in PSL University – Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes, and is associated with the East Asian Civilisations Research Centre (CRCAO) of France. He obtained his Master’s degree in History and International Relations in 2020 at the Catholic Institut of Lille in northern France. His Master thesis is entitled with The Nazi Expedition to Tibet, 1938-1939.
After which, he decided to pursue his PhD with the specialization in the history of the Himalayan countries, including Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan. His doctorate thesis focuses on The evolution of the photographic perception of European expeditions in the Himalayas from 1920 to 1950. In his graduate studies, he organized a series of comparative history conferences between France and Nepal at the Alliance Française of Katmandou in 2019 for the 70th anniversary of the diplomatic relationship established between France and Nepal. He also publishes several articles in Asia Focus and the Review of Tibetan Studies of the CNRS (French national center for scientiﬁc research).
My goal is to become a teacher-researcher.
- Tibetan, Nepalese and Bhutan history
- European expeditions to the Himalayas in the 20th century
- Evolution of photographs and videos taken during these expeditions
- Place of Nepal in our contemporary world (relations with China, India and Europe)
Publications (HAL Archive Ouverte)
Articles in a journal
- Charlie Caron - Belloni. L’Allemagne au-dessus de l’Himalaya : des SS sur le toit du monde. Revue d'Etudes Tibétaines, CNRS, 2021, pp.53-109. ⟨hal-03382322⟩
- Charlie Caron - Belloni. HISTOIRE DES RELATIONS DIPLOMATIQUES ENTRE LA FRANCE ET LE NÉPAL : DU COMMENCEMENT À NOS JOURS. Asia focus, IRIS, 2020. ⟨hal-03264587⟩
- Charlie Caron - Belloni. LE VATICAN ET LES INDIENS CHRÉTIENS CATHOLIQUES : ENTRE TRADITION ET CONCILIATION. Asia focus, IRIS, 2019. ⟨hal-03264594⟩